The National Ecological Observatory Network is hiring part-time helpdesk assistants. See below for more information and to apply. Contact Laura Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
IT Helpdesk Assistant
Battelle and its affiliate, Battelle Ecology, Inc. manages and operates the National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON) project, which is solely funded by the National Science Foundation. A 30+ year project dedicated to understanding how changes in climate, land use and invasive species impact ecology, the observatory’s scientists and engineers are collecting a comprehensive range of ecological data on a continental scale across 20 eco-climatic domains representing US ecosystems. Our teams use cutting-edge technology, including an airborne observation platform that captures images of regional landscapes and vegetation; mobile, relocatable, and fixed data collection sites with automated ground sensors to monitor soil and atmosphere; and trained field crews who observe and sample populations of diverse organisms and collect soil and water data. Once structures are completed, a leading edge cyberinfrastructure will calibrate, store and publish this information. The Observatory includes more than 500+ personnel and is the first of its kind designed to detect and enable forecasting of ecological change at continental scales.
Reporting to the IT Helpdesk Client Services Manager, the Helpdesk Assistant will be responsible for assisting the IT Helpdesk staff and company employees with the various technologies supported by the Information Technology Department. The Helpdesk Assistant will provide prompt, professional customer service and frontline helpdesk support delivering quality assistance and setting proper expectations.
Two part-time positions, averaging 10-20 hours each / per week over the course of the year.
LOCATION: Boulder, CO
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Distribute, assemble and collect IT Client Services computer equipment.
- Monitor ticket queue, ensure ticket information is complete and dispatch appropriately.
- Install and remove software on client machines.
- Assist with inventory management.
- Respond to questions, applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, systems, and NEON Inc. procedures.
- Communicate expectations, status, and progress of assigned tasks and employee requests.
- Perform software, hardware, printer, PDA, and network troubleshooting and resolution.
- Participate in other IT projects, efforts, and processes as skills, experience, and time permit.
- Coordinate scheduling with employees to address requests or deliver requested service.
- Perform initial computer and phone set up for new employees.
- Will have access to confidential Company information and must follow NEON policies and procedures, including confidentiality of information policy.
REQUIRED: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent education, plus one (1) year of college credit.
- Familiarity with and desire to learn desktop and network technologies.
- Passion for assisting others with technology.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 7, 8 or 10 or Mac OSX.
- Experience setting up a PC for personal or professional use.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience using trouble ticketing software.
- Two (2) years in help desk experience.
- Understanding of networking, wireless, and VPN troubleshooting.
- Experience with Mac OSX and Mac hardware.
- Knowledge of mobile devices such as iPhones and Android.
Apply to: www.neonscience.org
Must have permanent authorization for US employment. Battelle Ecology, Inc. will not provide any kind of visa sponsorship.
This position offers competitive total rewards including 401(k), health, vision and dental insurance, paid time off and the opportunity to work at an organization with a great mission.
Battelle Ecology, Inc. provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle Ecology, Inc.